Bluebird & The Hijabist

BLUEBIRD AND THE HIJABIST
www.iluvislam.com
By: ezamokhtar
Editor: salma ahsanan




I was resting on a tree branch...
When I met her, a little girl with scarf on her head...
My heart was curious so I asked her
of the headscarf,
Here's what she said to me;

----------------***-----------------

"This piece of cloth I am wearing...
Is a symbol of faith and dignity,
Keep me protected and
As a reminder to me,
From breaking the rules He made...


True,
Women are beautiful...
Such a waste to hide,
The beauty behind the veil
Truth to be told, Bluebird...
A hijab is a symbol of modesty and sincerity...
So what the world would see
Is not my surface but my heart
Though it may not be as pure as snow, I know
But I am learning and trying to be a better me...


Remember, little bird
Never judge a book by its cover...
I am wearing a hijab
Does not state I am flawless because I am not...
For I commit sins which I need to redeem
And may He accepts my prayers and dua'
Ameen...

I may not be a fashionista or a beauty...
But I am a believer for I believe in Him,
Who knows the better of me,
His creation in this world He created...


Oh, Bluebird...
Who are we to judge the Creator?
To say that it is our freedom,
for not to obey...
What about His rights then?
He who made us...
He, who is merciful,
And filled with love...


Thus, I am wearing this hijab...
Proudly...
So, the world can see...
I AM TRULY FREE..."



Comments

Popular Posts